E-design… You have probably heard this word a lot, especially since quarantining and working from home started. But what is it?
So just like email, the "e" in e-design stands for electronic, so e-design is “electronic design” which essentially just means design done online.
The internet has made countless things easier, and interior design is definitely one of them!
Remote = Freedom and Speed
Because e-design is essentially a remote process, it means you don’t need to waste time with in-person appointments like you would need to do with a traditional designer. You don’t have to call us, wait for an appointment nor dress up. All you have to do is go on your computer or phone and email us. You can start your project right away. Meaning, you can get it done in 2 to 3 weeks rather than 3 to 6 months.
Visualize the Future
"The best way to predict the future is to create it" - Abraham Lincoln
One of the biggest differences with e-design is that you will be able to see 3D photorealistic renderings, essentially a computerized drawing, as a preview for the design we create. A lot of traditional designers lack this service as they rely on less advanced methods such as in-person explanations or less visual mood boards. Because we provide renderings you’ll be able to make changes and truly visualize the design to see if that’s what you really want. This will prevent you from costly mistakes in the future and years of frustration.
We know that creating, building, and remodeling your home can be a hard task, but that’s why we’re here.
We value your time so we seek to communicate mainly by email.
We normally will ask you to email us any project details. This includes floor plans, measurements, photos, videos, goals, etc. We can pretty much work with anything, so if you don’t have much info no need to worry!
Sometimes emails aren’t enough so we utilize a screen recording tool called Loom (loom.com), as you can see in the video below.
So, occasionally we might send you a video explaining aspects of your project or request that you record one. But, even with these tools, we know that sometimes a call is beneficial, so we will request one if needed.
To understand your design style we request that you share your interior design taste or style with inspirational images from Google, Pinterest, or Houzz.
Regarding time and effort, you’ll have your design within 2 to 3 weeks and won’t have to make a lot of effort. No dressing up, no driving to the meeting, no paying an hourly rate nor rushing to make it happen.
E-design is interior design made simple, so let us e-design for you today! Here’s how our own e-design process works.
Our e-design process
1.Reach out to us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We’ll ask initial design questions about your project and goals.
3. We’ll give you a quote based on the information given.
4. If you agree to our price, we’ll move on with your design.
5. We’ll send you an invoice to deposit 50% of the total price upfront.
6. After the payment is received, we’ll dive deeper into design questions, space measurement, floor plans (if you have them), pictures of your home (in case you want to renovate), and your goals, wants, and needs.
7. We’ll also ask for inspirational pictures and a Pinterest board.
8. We’ll create a 3D model with the structure of your place and build the initial design concept.
9. You will get screenshots of the first draft to see if you like it.
10. You’ll have two free rounds of modifications (additional rounds have a fee)
11.Once the design is approved, we’ll finish the 3D photorealistic image for you and deliver the product via email.
12.The project is completed! You’ll proceed to pay the other 50% of the price.